The first welcome a guest feels when they arrive at your home is conveyed by your exterior doors. Chicago residents often spend a lot of time and money on landscaping and their house exterior, only to have guests stare at an aging front door. Let’s explore how we can make the best first impression possible.
Aging Front Entry Doors, Chicago Weather Takes a Toll
Our weather is abusive to your home’s exterior, and the entryway shows the wear. Unfortunately, because the wear and tear happens over time, most homeowners don’t notice the effects immediately. Take some time to give your entry doors a critical examination. Look for these signs of an aging door:
- Cracks in the paint
- A fading finish
- Weathering of the wood, possibly even warping in some places
- Stripping, leaving cracks that allow air inside
- An old design that no longer fits your house
New Entry Doors for Exceptional Curb Appeal
Another benefit of updating your front door is the increase in curb appeal and home value. Everything you can do to keep your home looking fresh, stylish and attractive increases its value and your pride of ownership. You look at your front door every day, so make sure you are proud to own it. Don’t underestimate the value of new exterior doors. Chicago residents deserve the best.
Various Options to Create Your Entryway Style
Your front door is a good place to express your own personal style. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but it should fit the style of your house and your own taste. Some homeowners like a grand entrance, fitting of a mansion, while others prefer a simple, but elegant, wood door.
Many people prefer the newer, sleeker lines of modern doors with artistic inserts and a sidelight or two. Whatever your preferred style of entry doors, Chicago based Lakeland Building Supply can help you find the right door for you.
Durable Materials for Your New Door
Wood, fiberglass, metal, and glass wear differently, so be sure to ask about this before you make your choice. You will be looking at your front door for many years to come, so getting all the facts helps you make the best decision when buying your entry doors. Chicago residents need durability as well as security.
At Lakeland Building Supply, we have a large selection of wood entry doors, fiberglass exterior doors, steel front doors, and many more. We’d be happy to help you replace that aging door with a stylish and secure new one. Stop by for a visit, give us a call, or fill out our online form, and we would be happy to give you a free estimate or answer any questions you may have!
Subscribe to Lakeland Building Supply's Blog
Lakeland Building Supply Reviews
We are very happy with our experience working with Rod at Lakeland Building Supply! From start to finish the customer service has been top notch. Our new cabinets were delivered on time and in perfect condition. Any questions I had were answered immediately and thoroughly. I highly recommend them...
Browse our July specials and see how much you can save with Lakeland Building Supply today.
- Savings on Windows and Skylights!
- For our 40th Anniversary, we're giving you the gift of savings! Shop windows and skylights from sought-after brands including Lincoln, Kolbe, Velux, FiberFrame, Simonton and other quality brands you can trust.
- Kitchen Cabinetry Savings!
- Celebrate our 40 Year Anniversary with savings on cabinets and accessories from popular brands such as Mid Continent, Omega, Kitchen Craft and more.
- Exterior and Patio Door Savings!
- Celebrate our 40th Anniversary with big savings on entry doors and patio doors from popular brands such as Simpson, Lincoln, Simonton, FiberFrame and more.