To start your evaluation, the pros at Lakeland Building Supply put together a list of ten questions you should ask yourself to get a better idea of where you stand:
- Do your windows still compliment your home?
- Do your windows let in outside elements like rainwater or melted snow?
- Do your windows filter out noise?
- Do you feel warm or cool spots around your windows?
- Is there peeling paint around the exterior of your windows?
- Do you feel draft by your windows?
- Is there frost and ice buildup around your window panes?
- Is the wood around your window frames soft?
- Has the caulk or seal of your window greatly diminished?
- Do your windows open and close very easily?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may be due for a replacement. While this may seem bad for your checkbook, it's not. In fact, it will save you money in the long-haul. According to www.greenliving.com, "Energy Star estimates that homeowners can save at least $27 a year by replacing their windows. If you have single-pane windows, replacing them with Energy Star-qualified products will save you between $126 and $465 a year, depending on the number of windows you replace and where in the United States you live."You'll also receive a 10% tax-credit for installing energy-efficient windows in your home! See, it's not that bad.
For more information on these exciting benefits, call Lakeland Building Supply to speak with a friendly, knowledgeable Customer Support Rep. Of course, the call is free and so is the consultation!