Are you feeling drab about your home exterior? Have decades of an unfashionable design finally gotten the best of you? Instead of sticking to an uninspired exterior, make a change for the better with Lakeland Building Supply!
While there are hundreds of ways to upgrade a boring home, today we take a closer look at two features that can instantly transform any house in Chicago: windows and siding.
Whether you’re a local contractor searching for reputable products or a homeowner looking for the right window and siding options, these window and siding tips are for you!
New, Efficient Replacement Windows
Why you should
Chicago homeowners who want to make a big change on a relatively small
budget can get a lot of value out of new windows. Not only do modern windows
boost curb appeal with striking, customized designs—they can also save on heating
and cooling, thanks to state-of-the-art, energy-efficient constructions.
Ideas for your
windows: While many people opt for standard windows, there’s no reason to
stick with something you don’t love!
- For a subtle yet noticeable home upgrade, try replacing your Chicago windows with a classic style in a contemporary color or eye-catching grid pattern.
- If you want better natural lighting in any room, add expansive picture windows or even skylights!
- Looking for a touch of traditional elegance? Then consider swapping out your synthetic windows with real wood.
Residential Exterior Siding Options
Why you should
consider replacement siding: Chicago residents are
often surprised at how much of an impact new siding can have. Whether you live
in a classic Colonial or something more modern, replacement siding can turn any
aging, weather-worn home into the jewel of the neighborhood. And much like new
windows, siding can also significantly improve efficiency and
insulation—cutting down on noise pollution, heat transfer, and high energy
Ideas for your siding
installation: The days of boring siding are over; today you can choose
nearly any color, material, and trim you want!
- For a touch of Americana, explore various shake and shingle-inspired boards. These attractive options work especially well with mixed materials and colors.
- If you’re concerned about maintenance, think about switching to high-quality composite, metal, or fiber cement with your Chicago siding project.
- Want something rustic yet classic? Replace all or some of your siding with stone veneer—a material that looks like real stone but is lightweight and weather resistant.
Buy Your Windows and Siding at Lakeland Building Supply
Have these ideas made you rethink your next home improvement? To see exactly how a new window or siding installation can enhance your home’s style, durability, and comfort, get in touch with Lakeland Building Supply.
As a premier wholesale building supplier, both contractors and homeowners can save big on our vast selection of top-brand Chicago siding and windows. Call us to learn more, or stop by our showroom to browse our many options and start designing today!
Subscribe to Lakeland Building Supply's Blog
Lakeland Building Supply Reviews
I flip homes and my most recent project became a much larger undertaking than I'd imagined. I couldn't have completed it without all the help I got from Lakeland! They explained my options, helped me sort out design decisions and really kept my costs down. We ordered windows, siding, vanities, doors...
Browse our December specials and see how much you can save with Lakeland Building Supply today.
- Savings on Windows and Skylights!
- For our 40th Anniversary, we're giving you the gift of savings! Shop windows and skylights from sought-after brands including Lincoln, Kolbe, Velux, FiberFrame, Simonton and other quality brands you can trust.
- Kitchen Cabinetry Savings!
- Celebrate our 40 Year Anniversary with savings on cabinets and accessories from popular brands such as Mid Continent, Omega, Kitchen Craft and more.
- Exterior and Patio Door Savings!
- Celebrate our 40th Anniversary with big savings on entry doors and patio doors from popular brands such as Simpson, Lincoln, Simonton, FiberFrame and more.